Why are kitchen exhaust fan hinge kits important?
- Proper exhaust fan cleaning. In order to thoroughly clean any commercial kitchen exhaust fan a sturdy hinging system must be installed to safely access all areas for proper cleaning.
- Safety. Trying to remove a heavy exhaust fan from its duct for cleaning or maintenance is not only dangerous for the contractor but always causes some degree of damage to the roof or the fan housing.
- To protect the fan wiring. Exhaust fan wiring is stretched when the fan is taken off the stack and placed on the roof. Without a hinge kit, the fan wiring is subject to unnecessary abuse during cleaning and maintenance.
- To protect the exhaust fan. The exhaust fan can be damaged over time by removing it from the stack repeatedly and placing it on its side.
- To prevent roof damage. Rooftop damage and leaks can be the result of placing the exhaust fan on the roof during cleaning or maintenance.
- It’s the Law! NFPA 96 Code 126.96.36.199 states: “Approved up-blast fans with motors surrounded by the air stream shall be hinged, supplied with flexible weather proof electrical cable and service hold-open retainers, and listed for this use.”
Choice Hoods uses proven methods for removing grease and flammable residues from the interior surfaces of the kitchen hood canopies, filters, ductwork and exhaust fans. We ensure compliance with fire and health codes. We hand/steam clean the entire kitchen exhaust hood and duct system from top to bottom. Kitchen Exhaust Hood system: fan, duct, filters, to bare metal in accordance with NFPA 96 Code Standards for Ventilation Control and Fire Protection